Followers

Monday 7 January 2013

New Beginnings – in a lot of ways!

I’m quite nervous (but excited at the same time) as I have spent this weekend completing my first commission for Papercraft Essentials. I sat at my craft desk with stage fright for quite a while before I actually started to make anything. The deadline isn’t actually until 25th January, but regular readers will know that Baby Bump is due to arrive on 20th January (OMG less than 2 weeks to go!) so I wanted to get the commission made and in the post.

So after lot’s and lot’s of crafting I thought I would share with you another part of my winning entry for Papercraft Essentials Papercrafter of the Year 2012 and this one was the non card project. I made a Calendar using digis from Pink Gem Designs to represent the four seasons:



The base of the calendar is a plywood blank that I picked up for less than 75p in Hobbycraft and I painted it with blue acrylic paint and then distressed it firstly with white acrylic paint and then sanding the edges and applying some Faded Jeans Distress Ink to highlight the edges.

Next were the images and as I really love the Chloe images I’ve used Butterfly Chloe for Spring, Fairy Chloe for Summer, Chloe in the Rain for Autumn and Winter Chloe for Winter. The images have all been coloured using ProMarkers. It doesn’t show well in the pictures but I have varied the colours I’ve used as background/sky for each image to represent the seasons as well.

I’ve used patterned papers from Cosmo Crickets 6x6 Material Girl paper pad, textured card from Core’dinations, and then various dies, punches, flowers, ribbon, pearls, gems, flowers and glitter glue to embellish.

The 2013 banner was stamped and cut by hand, the banner stamp was a Craft Stamper freebie a few months back and the number stamps have been in my stash for years and I think were from Hobbycraft. I have attached them to the calendar using Velcro dots so that I can change them and update the calendar for next year.

Unfortunately when I finished and photographed the calendar to post into the competition I was staying at my parents and they had no where I could hang it so the only picture I have showing it in full with the calendar pages is the one from the magazine and as I don’t have a scanner the picture I took isn’t that clear.



The calendar pages are printed on smooth white card, 2 months per page and are mounted onto red card and attached to tiny cup hooks on the bottom of the calendar using book rings, this way I’ll be able to replace them for next year.

I hope that my calendar for the New Year counts as a new beginning as I would like to enter it for the ‘New Beginnings’ challenge at A Gem of a Challenge.
Thanks for stopping by
Lisa

27 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Lisa, this is absolutely wonderful. Love it! Hope you are well hun, not long now. :o)

Donna x

jaine drake said...

Gorgeous gorgeous. Congratulations again on your new design status. The hardest part is waiting to see it in print as things are so far ahead in magazine land but when you do it's magical. xx

Sue said...

WOW!!!!! This is stunning Lisa. I love the cute images, your colouring is wonderful and the design is fabulous.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of A Challenge
Sue

Danni said...

This is just beautiful!! Wow!! Love it! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Michelle said...

Wow Lisa! Congratulations on your title of Paper Crafter of the year, that is so awesome! Your winning project is amazing, love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Mynn xx said...

OH my gosh, this is just darling!!! LOVE the different cute images you've used and your coloring is amazing! And CONGRATULATIONS on the wonderful news! :)

Kimberly said...

Beautiful project...i love it..thanks so much for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week...

Unknown said...

Beautiful project!
Thanks so much for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!
<3 Pam, PDE DT

shaz earl said...

Fabulous creation!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Anything goes * challenge

Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
Hugs Shaz x

Susie said...

That looks fab! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Nicola said...

Awe this calendar is absolutely gorgeous, love your colouring, papers and fabulous images. Sooo cute!
Thank you for playing along with Whoopsi Daisy.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

pinky said...

Wow that is just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
Pinky

Mrs A. said...

what a beautiful entry. No wonder you won. Saw you on MIM and stopped by for a closer look. Hope all goes wellwith the expected arrival.
Hugs Mrs A.

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome calendar,wonhderful design!. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's creations

The Crafty Blonde said...

OMGoodness this is just stunning, love it!!!. Fabulous design and love all the beautiful Chloe's. Fab colours and layout. Thanks for joining us this challenge at Pink Gem and good luck with the DT call xx

Anonymous said...

What a stunning project with all those cute images! The colours are so bright and cheerful, the 2013 banner is fab and I love that you can change it in years to come :-)
Kat x

Seafield Jo said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colours and the images. Beautifully crafted.

Jo x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous calendar Lisa, little Chloe is adorbable and the design is fab.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Debs said...

Beautiful calendar Lisa - stunning colouring.
Thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Faye said...

Hello. Your calendar and colors are Beautiful. I saw this on MIM .Faye

sparklingblackrose said...

Wow Lisa this is just stunning, amazing colouring and a wonderful finished project! Thank you so much for joining my All Crafts challenge and hope to see you enter again soon-I love your work! Elaine-xxx-

Laura said...

Amazing project.
Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at crafty ribbons
Laura

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa, this is an awesome project I love how you have designed the calender and those image are cute, adorable and a total delight, thank you for joining our challenge this week at whoopsie daisy.
hugs
lorraine x

Mandy said...

Wow this is gorgeous,I love your design and the colours are fabulous...Thank you for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge and for entering the DT call,good luck...
Mandy x

Karen said...

Stunning!!!
Just amazing sweetie!!

Thank you so very much for joining in with our New Beginnings at Crafty Ribbons.

Hugs,
Karen. DT. xx

http://krafykarens.blogspot.com/

melsanford said...

A beautiful calendar! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Uta said...

Your calendar looks so great. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
Hugs, Uta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...