Followers

Sunday 5 January 2014

Thanks Sew Much

DSC04214

It’s a New Year and a new look over at Hurley HQ…

Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog becomes... Sarah Hurley 365!

Please click on the link above to read all about the changes, but it’s definitely a blog to bookmark because we will be offering loads more inspiration on top of the challenges. And speaking of the challenges it’s time for the first of the year. As most of our thoughts tend to be around giving thanks for all the gifts and festivities of the Christmas period we have a theme of…

Thank You

I didn’t really feel like making a card as I always feel a little glum  this time of year. The house feels so empty with all the Christmas Decorations packed away (despite the mountains of toys the children were given). It’s also tinged with sadness and memories of my Nan and Gran who both passed away at this time of year. So instead I just spread some stash across my desk and had a little play, no plan of what I was making and this is what I created…

DSC04213

I have made a wall hanging using papers from both A Few of My Favourite Things Volume One 8x8 Paper Collection and All Sewn Up A5 Paper Pack, a heart stamp from the Hand drawn Roses Stamp Set and a few more bits from my stash.

DSC04211

I stamped with a heart stamp and bubble wrap using Shimmering Acrylic Glazes (keep your eyes peeled for the March issue of Papercraft Essentials as there will be an article in there on these paints). My metallic Thickers from American Crafts look a bit too shiny so I sanded them back a bit and daubed them with Picket Fence Distress Stain.

DSC04212

And to finish some doodling, a few pearls, lines and splatters of the shimmery paint, some raffia, button and twine.

A little bit different from usual style so I would love to know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Lisa, I love the shimmer on it!

Ellibelle said...

Fabulous creation Lisa, love the design and details!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...