Followers

Sunday 12 April 2015

Wishful Asha

Wishful Asha (2)

Edited to add Copic colours now Mr Blogger is playing nicer (and I’ve found my list!)

Make it Crafty are having a Clean and Simple Design Team Call and I thought I would give it a try. I used the gorgeous Wishful Asha to make this card with a simple background.

Wishful Asha (1)

Have a few more pictures to add to show how the background was done but blogger is really playing me up today and I can’t get the pictures to load. It’s taken me about an hour to get this to post and I know I’m cutting it fine already! The pictures have now been added below.

I wanted a light background but not completely plain. I really wanted to use the pattern from a heart embossing folder but not have the raised texture. So here is how I achieved it.

  1. Place card inside embossing folder and rub with a heavy/sturdy object.DSC05309
  2. Open embossing folder (the pattern won’t show at this point). Sand all over to reveal the pattern.DSC05310
  3. Using a piece of Cut & Dry foam lightly rub with ink to highlight the pattern.DSC05311
  4. Finished result.Wishful Asha (1)

Supplies:

  • Image: Wishful Asha from Make It Crafty
  • Colouring Medium: Copics
    • Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000 and R20
    • Lips: E04, RV29, RV23 and RV10
    • Eyes: B29, B24 and B05
    • Hair: E49. E29, E27, E25 and E35
    • Dress:E15, E13, YR23, YR21 and YR20.
    • Socks and T-Shirt: BV20 and BV0000
    • Flowers and shoes: V09, BV08 and V04
    • Dandelion: E43 and E41
    • Butterfly: V12, RV10 and RV000
  • Card: Kraft Card, White Linen Card, Lemon Core’dination Card and Copic X-Press It Blending Card
  • Ink: VersaMagic ‘Thatched Straw’ Inkpad
  • Dies, Punches and Embossing Folders: X-Cut Corner Rounder, Go Kreate Large Circle Dies and Sizzix Hearts Embossing Folder
  • Embellishments: Ribbon, Studio Calico Wooden Alphas and Small MDF Butterflies

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

2 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

this is very pretty! the team would be blessed indeed to have you as a new member! :)

Zoe said...

What a clever idea for the background Lisa. Such gorgeous colouring too. wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for the new MiC team. xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...