Followers

Friday 29 April 2011

Resist

And no I'm not talking about all my chocolate Easter Eggs.  It's the theme on this fortnights Stamp Man Challenge. I've tried something very out of my comfort zone (style wise) and to be blunt....I don't like it! This isn't good... it's my Hubbies birthday card and as we are away now until after his birthday don't have time to make another one. Here's my card and a close up, please be honest with your comments as I would love to give the style a try again and any advice would be appreciated.


Items: 6x6 white card blank, glossy card, Big and Juicy Hydrangea inkpad, silver pen, Perfect Medium inkpad, clear embossing powder, paper flower from stash, handmade Fimo embellishment (see previous post), Paper Artsy stamp set and Alphabet stamp set (unknown make)

6 comments:

Suze Bain said...

I think you've done really well Lisa. This is a style I too would like to try but it's a bit daunting as some people are so 'arty' and can effortlessly put together a great piece. Your colour scheme and images are great. x

Mrs.B said...

I was just looking at the entries and yours caughtg my eye - I like it. I love this style(although I do find them daunting), you have done a brilliant job.
Avril

Lisa Jane said...

I think it looks great - i love that image and the colours
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Lisa love your card image is great, lovely colors xx

Brenda Brown said...

This is just gorgeous Lisa. To me you have captured both a semi arty and CAS style together which looks brilliant. Love the paper artsy stamps too.
Glad you could enter this with the Stamp Man challenge this fortnight, it is perfect.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Lisa ! Sometimes when it's a style you've not tried before it takes a bit of getting used to, as it's away from what you're comfortable with. I think you've balanced your images really well and the colours work well together too. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man, look forward to seeing you again !
Sue C x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...